Monday 9 June 2014

Umendo Chapter 9

After a week or so things were slowly going back to normal. Siya was still going the extra mile. He took me out for lunch one Saturday. He didn't have a car on that day so we used mine. After our lunch he said that he wanted us to go to Yoeville, he had some business to sort out. I declined and asked him to drop me off at home. 30 mins after he dropped me off I got a call from my car tracking and insurance company telling me that my car was entering a danger zone and to confirm that I was aware of it. I told them it was fine, my husband was driving it. They always called if ever l drove to Hilbrow, Yoeville and places nearby. I was expecting Siya to be back around 6/7pm. It was now past 9 and he wasn't back. I decided to call and check up on him. His phone wasn't going through. I hate calling Siya's friends asking about his whereabouts, so I thought I will wait a bit more. Around 10pm I got a call from Chris, one of Siya's friends, he handed the phone to Siya. He sounded distraught

Siya: Baby I don't know how to say this
Ngahle ngashaywa luvulo, a thousand thoughts were going through my mind, I don't know why but I got up and started pacing
Sme: Kutheni Siya? Are you ok? Kwenzenjani?
There was a long silence
Sme: Just tell me mani Siya before I go crazy, kwenzenjani bo?
Siya: Imoto intshontshiwe
I sat down, I didn't say anything, I couldn't open my mouth, l felt like someone was suffocating me, my palms were sweating
Siya: Baby, ukhona? Say something please. 
Sme: I need to call the tracking company, when and we're was it stolen? Were you high jacked or was it stolen while parked?
Siya: It was parked, I'm on my way home, Chris is going to drop me off. 

I called the tracking company and told them what Siya told me. They said that it went off their radar about 15minutes ago in Alexandra. They were going to send their people there to look for it and they will keep me updated. 
By the time Siya got home, I don't know how many times I had gone to the toilet. My stomach was going crazy. I couldn't even look at him, I was beyond upset. I wanted to punch him, slap him, scream at him. I was only left with 5months to finish paying it off. He apologised non stop but it wasn't going to bring it back. He said that uChris had asked him ukuthi bayophuza eziyi 2 nyana koGumede, when he got out, the car was gone and no-one had seen anything. 

Sme: Drinking and driving Siyabonga, ubuzamani vele? 
Siya: Bekuyi ngudu eziyi 2 kuphela baby, I was not going to go over the limit
Sme: Manje ifoni yakho?
Siya: The battery died so I left it in the glove compartment 
Sme: Hayi bantu Siyabonga, you will be the death of me wena hayi ah

I called the tracking company again to ask how things were going and what would happen if they don't find it. They said they still could track it, and they were going to send me a courtesy car whilst they are looking for it or whilst they are sorting out a replacement car. It was a bit comforting, it meant that I would have to pay an excess if I was getting a replacement car, but I was still upset with Siya.
I missed church that Sunday because we had to go and open a case. I was hardly speaking to him, he was trying to make conversations with me, but I just gave him one word answers and faint laughs. I just wasn't in the mood of entertaining him, I couldn't even stand being around him. 
I know these things happen, cars are stolen everyday, and I shouldn't have been too mad at him, but I couldn't help it. He dropped me off work that Monday and told me to let him know if I needed him to pick me after work. I hoped that I would get the courtesy car by the end of the day, that way I wouldn't have to ask him to come and get me. That afternoon I got a call from the insurance company, they asked me a bunch of questions then put me on hold for like ever. They then got back to me and said "we are sorry ma'm but we cannot send you a courtesy car or a replacement car because you were not driving your car when it was stolen. It was in your husband's possession and your husband is not insured to drive your car." No no no no no no, this can't be happening, my head was pounding so hard my temperature shot up to like a 1000 degrees celcious. It was true, I hadn't added my husband onto my insurance, I meant to after we got married, but I never got around doing it. I told Mike I was going to knock off early, I knew I would have been useless at work, so there was no point in me staying. I got a taxi home. Siya's car was parked outside, the radio was on and it was too loud. The front door was unlocked

There on the sofa was woman kneeling on the floor, her head going up and down. I couldn't see the woman's face cos she had her back towards me. I just stood there for what seemed like an eternity.Sat on the sofa was Siyabonga, my beloved husband,he had his eyes closed looking up the ceiling. They were both moaning softly, this woman was sucking Siyabonga's d**k. 

No comments:

Post a Comment