Monday 9 June 2014

Umendo Chapter 4

Umendo Chapter 4

I instantly got a pounding headache. All that wetness dried up and my body just went tense. Siyabonga never the one to read into a situation just went inside me. I picked up the badge and pushed him away so hard he hit the wall and fell. He looked at me with horror and shock. I showed him the badge, you should have seen the look on his face. Nga ngumlungu he would have turned pale white just then. That made me even more suspicious. I grabbed my panties and put on my morning gown. Our conversation went like this 
Sme: Explain this phela Siyabonga
Siya: Wooh, it must have dropped ngeskhathi that cop came here for the bribe yokuthi uphume
Sme: Who is this cop?
Siya: Mina ngimazi ngoNtuli, ngimlayelwe ngu Chris (his friend)
Sme: But why did he come here Siya? Couldn't you have met him somewhere else, and what was he doing in our bedroom? 
Siya: Nguye othe kungcono shlangane la endlini so that we don't raise any suspicion. Ufike wangena ebedroom le spare room just looking around. Angithi uyabazi ohata. 
Sme: So why the shock on your face when l asked you?
Siya: Ngoba ngiyazi ukuba I shouldn't have allowed him to meet me here at our place, and I didn't want you to find out cos I knew you wouldn't be happy about it.
Sme: So how much did you bribe them? 
Siya: R3000, I took it out from our savings.

I looked at him and l knew that kukhona okushaya amanzi. My gut told me that something was amiss here. 

Sme: Vele why was I arrested Siya? Why did they say my car used for a bank robbery? 
Siya: Ah love, how am l supposed to know. Bengikhona yini when you got arrested?
Sme: No, you were not there,the question is where were you Siyabonga cos istori sakho lesi esefoni angsthengi mina. 
Siya: Baby, uduba ngakhonokho, ungazfaki istressi ngento engekhoyo,what's important is that you are back home safely la ezandleni zami (etsho engisondelela)

He sat behind me and started massaging me again. I was not in the mood anymore. He said, "hawu love, ngicela eyodwa kuphela, kinini ngacina". To be honest I hardly ever enjoyed sex or making love anymore now. It felt laboured and so mechanical. Ever since we started trying for a baby our sex life had changed. At first it was spontaneous, quickies everywhere around the house, hot and steamy sessions. But with every negative pregnancy test things changed, slowly but surely. I got up,  put some jeans on and said 

Siya, I want to thank this officer Ntuli and give back his badge. Call him and organise a place to meet, or he can come back here since he's already seen where we live!





No comments:

Post a Comment