Monday 9 June 2014

Umendo Chapter 11

Umendo Chapter 11

I woke up with yet another pounding headache around 10pm. My eyes were swollen from all that crying. Zandie was in the living room watching TV. I went to join her, she warmed up my food but I had no appetite. She told me that she had called Langa and Mike to tell them that I wouldn't be going to work the next couple of days. She said that they were going to come over after work tomorrow to see me. I didn't feel like seeing anyone in the state I was in, I didn't feel like talking to anyone either, but I couldn't tell them not to come. She said Siya called her a dozen times asking her where I was, but she told her she didn't know. Good, I didn't want him knowing where I was. 
I couldn't sleep until around 3am.  I switched on my phone when I woke up, I had 37 missed calls from Siyabonga, 20 text messages. About a dozen missed calls from Francis and 2 unsaved numbers. When I'm stressed or under pressure, I tend to shut everyone out and draw into myself. I just wanted to be left alone. I called my young twin sister Tasha and told her what had happened  and told her that I would be going AWOL for a few days, so they shouldn't be surprised by my silence. They knew me well, so she understood. I asked her not to tell mum, I was going to tell her myself when I was ready. I really didn't like stressing my parents, so I always dreaded telling them any bad news. I put up a status on my Whatsapp saying 'Taking some time out for a few days. Don't miss me too much'. I rarely go on Facebook, but there are a few people I keep in touch with via FB, so I logged in to post the same status. When I was about to log off it hit, that officer Ntuli who had dropped his badge in our bedroom, I remembered where I had seen him. He had commented on one of Siya's photos and I knew the exact photo. I looked for the photo and there he was! His name on FB is Andile Giggs Ngwenya. He he he! Siyabonga! Hayi, surrend shem. Maybe it was a fake account since some people have fake accounts for whatever reasons. I had his number, so I decided to call it and see if it goes through. And it did,....,

Sme: Hello, may I please speak to Andile
Andile: Yebo, speaking, ngikhuluma nobani?
Sme: Wow, I don't know how to say this
Andile: Just say it!
Sme: Ermm, you gave me your number the other day when we met. You were with your friend Siyabonga
Andile: Ohhh, Eish, askies mabebeza, I lost my phone and all my contacts. I just did a sim swap the other day. I was hoping you would call. 
Heheheheh, these men I tell you. On FB, it says he is engaged to **** ******
Andile: I couldn't stop thinking about you since that day I laid eyes on you, there is something about you..,
Sme: Something good I hope?
Andile: Ofcourse ma luv, how can anything bad come out of icheri enhle njengawe.
Sme: He he he
Andile: So when are you free so I can take you out so we can get to know each other more?
Sme: Tomorrow evening?
Andile: Eish, you have just made my day, no my week. Tomorrow it is ma luv
Sme: My friend Zah, the one I was with that day likes your friend Siyabonga, is there any chance he might be interested in her?
Andile: Ah. Siya is away for a few weeks.l'm not sure exactly when he will be back
Sme: Ok, sharp. Later
Andile: ok mabebeza mncwaaah 

I had no intention of meeting up with Andile anywhere, I knew that my phone will be off when he calls, so I didn't worry about explaining myself to him. So another thing my husband had lied about. My initial thought about him asking someone to act as the cop he bribed to get me out was right. No surprise there. More unanswered questions, more lies. 
Two days went by, Siya was still calling Zandie begging her to let him speak to me. He turned up to her work place twice, but she told him where to get off. He came over to Zandie's place 4 times but he couldn't get in. At Zandie's complex, if you have a visitor, the security calls you to confirm on the telecom first before they let your visitor in. So he came over whilst Zandie was at work, and I told them he wasn't welcome, I could hear him begging to speak to me. That Thursday I decided to go home and get a few clothes, I am a size 34 and Zandie is a size 30, so only her few baggy clothes could fit me. I asked Zandie to take me there during her lunch break, that way I would avoid Siyabonga. I wasn't ready to deal with him yet, I didn't know if I ever would. We got there around 1pm, there were two cars parked infront of our house one was Siya's car, I had never seen the other one. I didn't want to go in, I asked Zandie to drive us back, but she refused, she said that I had to deal with this sooner or later. I knew she was right, but I wasn't prepared for this. 
She parked on our neighbour's  spot. I took a long breath and we went in. There was a woman arguing with Siya, her voice sounded familiar. There was a suitcase and two medium bags next to her. She had her hands around her waist esifulathele, Siyabonga saw us standing behind her. He stood up with the biggest smile, coming towards me and said "oh baby, I am so sorry for everything", that woman turned around to look our way. My head went woozy, I felt light headed, I held onto Zandie and the wall for balance. It was the woman who arrested me, Lumkile Mbatha!



No comments:

Post a Comment