Monday 9 June 2014

Umendo Chapter 24

Umendo Chapter 24

Of all the women my husband could have slept with, he chose this sfebe who has a pyschotic mother. I knew that Lumki abuses her power from the day she arrested me, no surprise there as she is not the only corrupt cop here, but this? This was way up there, she had no boundaries, so l knew l had to tread carefully wherever she is involved. She had shown me that trying to fight her was was a waste of time as she would win no doubt. I couldn't open a case against her because l didn't have enough evidence. Sharon's testimony would have helped but she asked me not to say anything, so l wouldn't be able to get far with getting Lumki arrested. I sat there, deep in thought thinking of how best l could handle this situation. Siya came home from work and startled me as l was in my own world. I had even forgotten to cook. I told him about the conversation that I had with Sharon and he got furious. I told him to calm down because he had gotten us into that situation in the first place. He told me that he regrets it everyday, and with every stunt Nicole and her mother pulls, he swears to himself that he will never ever look at any woman besides me. I just gave him the talking eye. He then said that he was going to ask for a peternity test as soon as Nicole gave birth and that he wasn't going to pay them a penny until he was sure the child is his. We decided to talk to a lawyer and find out if we had any chance of getting justice served. I called Langa to refer me to a friend of hers who is a lawyer. The lawyer said that unfortunately we only had circumstantial evidence, our case wouldn't stand in court and make ourselves more vulnerable to Lumki. He told us that chances are Lumki got a duplicate key for my car since she had them whilst l was arrested, so whoever took the car most likely used the duplicate key. He had had dealt with a case similar to this one before. So we had hit a dead end. In my heart I was hoping and praying that Nicole's baby wasn't Siya's because I was tired of dealing with them. Maybe we would have more peace without them holding something over us. Nicole was due in less than a month, l couldn't wait to get the paternity test done, but I did not want to get my hopes high just in case it came positive. 

About a week later my husband came home fuming, he was pacing up and down
Sme: Hawu baby, kutheni manje?
Siya: I swear I will kill that woman myself
Sme: Which woman?
Siya: Lumkile Mbatha
Sme: Aarggghh, what has she done now?
Siya: One of our drivers uVusa called and said he was stopped by metro police on his way to pick a customer for a lesson. They took the car and said that they have been on the look out for it because it was burst with tones of drugs, the driver left it and ran away then it went missing whilst parked at the police station. 
Sme: WHAT? Kanti isn't that the car you only bought recently?
Siya: Yes it is, we only had the roof sign on it. Besisazoyi printisa
Sme: How do you know it's Lumki?
Siya: Vusa said that one of the cops told him to tell me to call Lumkile Mbatha. So l called her and she said "l told you l was going to get you for what you did to me and the mother of your baby"
Sme: Oh my God!
Siya: So she will probably remove the roof sign and sell it, 
Sme: That woman will stop at nothing, l'm going to call her
Siya: No love, that will only make things worse. I will meet up with Francis tomorrow and see what we can do

We both couldn't sleep that night, we tossed and turned till it was way past midnight. I called Siya from work the following day several times reminding him not to do anything stupid. He told me not to worry. When I got home from work l found flowers from my husband, he had cooked and left a note saying "l'll be back soon my love" and he had left his phone. I don't know why but ngashaywa luvulo. Something didn't feel right. My back hairs stood up, I asked myself why Siya would leave his phone at home? In the end l comforted myself ngokuthi maybe he forgot it. I was washing up after l had finished eating when my phone rang, l  was startled. I jumped and threw the glass in my hand in the air, it missed my foot slightly before it hit the floor and cracked into pieces. I picked up the phone and it was Francis. He was shouting something but there was a lot of noise on the background l could hardly make out what he was saying. Whilst l was talking to Francis l had a call waiting, l told Francis l was going to call him back in a minute to answer the other call. It was Lumki, she was puffing and sounded all over the place. She told me to tell Siya that Nicole had just gone into labour. I told her I was going to let him know and hung up before she even told me which hospital Nicole will give birth in. I called Francis straight away, it was still noisy but l picked up that he wanted me to come and pick up Siya from eYoeville kwaGumede. I didn't like going there and l was scared of driving at night alone, but l didn't argue with him, so l got in the car and drove there. When I got there l saw one of their driving school cars, but l couldn't find any parking nearby. I drove around for a bit to find a parking space, then someone pulled out not too far from kwaGumede. I called Francis to let him know I was outside but he didn't pick up. I tried him two more times, but he still didn't pick up, I was getting pissed off. I didn't want to go inside cos those people will stare at you as if you have pooped yourself or something. The regulars that is. I was about to call Francis again when he called me, there was a lot of shouting on the background, l could hear insults and threats, Francis was asking me to talk to Siya and calm him down. Suddenly a group of about seven or eight people came out of kwaGumede, my husband Francis and Chris were amongst them. It was clear that they were fighting or were about to fight. Before l could think or make out what was going on, l saw blood sprinkling everywhere. Four guys ran off to a car, Chris, Francis and Siya chasing after them, only one of made about two steps, staggered and fell on to the ground.l don't know when l left the car, but all l remember is running towards them. Lying there, igazi limpompoza from his neck (the blood was literally spraying around like a water sprinkler) and with his hand on his stomach trying to stop blood from coming out was my husband!



No comments:

Post a Comment