Monday 9 June 2014

Umendo Chapter 10

Umendo Chapter 10

You know when you hear stories like these, you always think of how you would deal with it if you ever found yourself in that situation. But I tell you this, nothing can ever prepare you enough for something like this. I remember a friend of mine once told me that she caught her long term boyfriend in bed with her cousin and she lost it, she burnt all her boyfiend's clothes, smashed his car, and slept with her cousin's boyfriend. I remember thinking that if I was her, I would have beat the crap out of both of them, then shut both of them out of my life. 

But standing there, seeing my husband cheating on me, I just froze. I didn't know whether to scream, beat the crap out of them, or just leave in silence. After what seemed like an eternity, I managed to move towards the radio. I switched it off and folded my arms waiting to see who this sfebe was. I say sfebe cos that's what she is, I understand that men are very untrustworthy and most of them lie to innocent women out there bethi they are single when they have a family somewhere. But this woman or girl or whatever chose to come to my house, she saw all the pictures of me and my husband displayed all around the house, including pictures of our wedding day, yet she still chose to have an affair with him. I'm sorry but I have no respect for such women, if he lied to you and told you he was single, then I sympathise with you. But if you knew that he is married, happily or not and you decided to help him cheat on his wife, then you derseve much worse than you put his wife through. Anyway, so I switched off the radio and stood there waiting to see who was pleasuring my husband. 

It went quiet for a few seconds then Siya opened his eyes and looked towards me, I swear his eyes popped out about an inch, he pushed the woman off of him and jumped from the couch. She got off the floor with so much shock, turned around and saw me staring right at her. Oh my word! She looked so young, about 17 or 18. She looked very familiar but I just couldn't place her. She just stood there with horror in her eyes. I looked at Siya scrambling for his bvd, his shirt was on, the girl was fully dressed.
"Oh, never mind me, I see you were in the middle of something. Please don't let me disturb you!" And I left. I couldn't get out of the complex soon enough. Suddenly it felt like a really long walk from my house to the gate. Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion. I felt sick to my stomach. I had serious heartburn, my head was this close to exploding. My mouth was dry, I felt like someone had kicked me so hard on my stomach, like my heart had been ripped out and the weight of the world placed on my shoulders. Everything seemed to be in a daze, not real, like it was a horrible dream which I would wake up from and thank God it wasn't real. As I walked past the gate, Lindo said to me "tell your cousin to come over azongibulisa". I just rushed off without saying anything, I couldn't make sense of what he was saying at that moment cos my brain was trying to process a million things at once. I later realised that Lindo saw that girl that weekend I got arrested, he thought she that she is my cousin.  I could hear someone shouting my name continuously,Meme..e..e..eh, it echoed. I didn't look back, I didn't want to look back in case I saw Siya, I didn't want to see his face or I would lose and get arrested for real this time around. I didn't know where I was going, all I knew was that I wanted to get as far away from them as possible. I stop itaxi which I had no clue where it was headed. I didn't care where I ended up, so long it was away from him. My phone started ringing, it was Siya, ignored his call, then I called my friend Zandie. I asked a lady sat next to me where the taxi was going and she told me it was going to Greenstone. I asked Zandie to come and pick me from Greenstone mall after work, she could tell from my voice that I wasn't ok, so she said she was coming to pick me up right away, she wasn't that far off, about 10minutes away. Siya kept calling, I wanted to switch off my phone but I couldn't cos I needed to keep in touch with Zandie, so I blocked his number. He then started sending messages on Whatsapp asking me to come back so we can talk, asking me to talk to him, so I blocked him on Whatsapp. He moved to text messages, unfortunately l can't block text messages on my phone, so I just deleted them before reading them.

 I didn't wait long for Zandie, she got to the mall pretty fast. I switched off my phone as soon as we met. We got in the car and l told her what had happened. She wanted to call him and tell him a piece of her mind but I asked not to. We went over to her house, she lives eFourways, a 20minute drive from Lyndhurst. I didn't say much along the way cos I was still in shock. I was still trying to process what had just happened. I knew it was going to haunt me for a long long time. Zandie lives with her 4 year old daughter and her 13year old niece in a 2 bedroom townhouse. I just went to lie down when we got there. Lying there, replaying what l had seen, I finally broke down. I wept, l cried so hard I vomited. Zandie was there holding my head over the toilet. She comforted me the best way she could, she told me that it will get better, that my heart will heal with time. But I just couldn't imagine this pain ever going away, kimi kwakumnyama emva, kumnyama njalo phambili. How can someone say that they love you then rip your heart out and stomp on it? What had I ever done to Siyabonga for him to do this to me? At some point I dozed off. This had to be the worse day ever in my life. 

I dreamt l was naked, so was Siya and his makhwapheni. I was running trying to cover myself with my hands, nobody seemed to notice my nakedness besides Siya and his makhwapheni. They both pointed and me and laughed at me, I looked at them and cried but they continued to laugh at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment