Monday 9 June 2014

Umendo Chapter 5

Umendo Chapter 5

 
Siya: Ah baby, soku late manje, and besides, you just got home. Kanti awufuni kuphumula?
Sme: No, I had enough rest in that cell. Call him, if he can't make it today we can meet up tomorrow morning before I go to work. I'll just say I had an meeting somewhere. ( at work we had so many meetings with clients, some of them in restaurants or at the clients' offices, so my boss wouldn't suspect anything) 
Siya: Ok then love, ithi ngiyothenga iairtime and few things egarajini. 

When he left I went through everything, searching for anything that shouldn't be there. I searched under the sofas, in our spare room, in the kitchen but nothing. I couldn't find a thing. I sat down and tried to make sense of things. Ngazbuza, what did Lindo the security guard mean by my cousin visiting? I didn't have airtime to call and ask my cousins so I sent both of them messages on Whatsapp. I just greeted them and asked them to visit since it's been a while. Nokuthaba the one I bailed out at one point replied instantly, she agreed that it had been long and said she will try and visit on Saturday. So Noe hadn't been here, otherwise she would have said she came but I wasn't home. I waited for a reply from my other cousin Faith. As l was waiting, watching Scandal omnibus which I always recorded, my husband came in. He gave me the airtime he had bought me,sat down and called Ntuli. I couldn't here what the other person was saying but he kept on saying that "hayi umama uyakhala uthi ufuna ukuk'bona in person azibongele for ukumsiza". It seems he eventually agreed, so he was going to come over Monday morning before I left for work. 
 
USiya wayetatazela that night being extra nice. When I asked him why he was going the extra mile, what was he hiding? He told me that he was just happy that I was back home, "Kanti angisavunyelwa ukuba nice kumfazi wami", he kept saying. I refused to sleep with him that night but he didn't make a fuss about it like he usually does. He just cuddled me until I fell asleep. Which made me even more suspicious. Siya agreeing to not have sex? I've heard my friends and read stories about women who say that if they don't feel like having sex, they just feign a headache or just fulathela their partners in bed kuphela nje kunjalo. Mina I had tried all the above but none of it ever worked, if uSiya wanted sex, he would have it whether I wanted to or not. Even if engikwatisile, if he wanted it, he would wait for me to calm down uzwe esengiqweba emadabukakusa. He would nag me, touch me here, touch me there, follow me to the spare room if I went, follow me to the living room, annoy me until ngivule amathanga lawa so that he will leave me alone. 

The next morning, Ntuli came over to our house. For some reason he looked so familiar, but I just couldn't place where I had seen him before. He was wearing civilian clothes, he said that he was off duty. He seemed nice and friendly. My husband gave him the badge and I thanked him for helping me out. He said that it was no problem, and he was happy to help. I joked with him and said I will call him again should I find myself in a similar predicament and he seemed a bit uncomfortable and looked at my husband. He then said that he had to get somewhere and he was running late. When he left I asked Siya for his phone number just in case I need it and he is nowhere to be found. He gave me the number and I left for work. 

As I walked into the office I got a message from my cousin Faith, it read 
" Sorry for the late reply khazi, this Naija has been keeping me extra busy woh! We are in Capetown at the moment. Yo, this place is nice. My Oga has been wining and dining me for the past 3days. Will call you when I get back so we can meet and catch up."

No comments:

Post a Comment