Monday 9 June 2014

Umendo Chapter 27

Umendo Chapter 27

I know grief makes people very emotional, but Siya's mother was way out of line. I hung up on her and cried, I seemed to be doing that a lot lately. It was hard dealing with what had happened to Siya, seeing him lying there helplessly killed me inside everytime l saw him, his father was also lying in a hospital bed, l also had to deal with Lumki and Nicole, now l had the added stress of MaMoyo accusing me of wanting to kill my own husband, in turn causing her husband a stroke. The way she put it was like l wanted Siya dead so l could spend his money. But what she didn't know was that l earned more than Siya, way more than Siya and l would survive just fine without a cent from him. Siya knew that l earned a bit more than him, but not that much. I had decided not to tell him exactly how much l earned because I could tell how uncomfortable he always seemed whenever we went out and I offered to pay before we got married. So to keep his ego intact, l told him a lower amount which was much closer to how much he made, and l saved the difference into my own account for a rainy day. You may think that l am very selfish, but l have seen women struggle in their marriages but bahlale because they cannot afford to not be with their husbands, l always thought that if we had a child and my husband started ukungigilela imikhuba as most men do after having a child, then l would be able to leave and use my savings to see me and my baby through until l got back to work. So my reasons were that, plus l didn't want to bruise his ego. Let's face it, most men wouldn't be comfortable with their wives earning more than them. I don't know why that is, but ask any guy you know if they would be comfortable with being in a relationship with a woman who earns more than them. I think it's got something to do with power and intimidation. 

Siya's mother had riled me up, I couldn't concentrate on anything, on top of that Sharon had told me that Nicole's baby looked exactly like Siya, so l guess he wouldn't need a partenity test after all. So now it was official that we were stuck with Nicole and her mother for the rest of our lives, whether we liked it or not. The police asked me for a statement, l told them what l saw, l didn't mention my suspicion about Lumile because l was scared she was going to sneak in and finish off my husband. There was no telling what that woman could do. Francis and Chris also gave their statements which resulted in five guys being arrested. That made me feel a little better. Two more days had gone by and there was not much difference in Siya, but his father had made a slight recovery. Siya's mother called asking for Nicole's number so she could congratulate her and ask for her grandson's photos. When she called, l thought that she was calling to apologise for the things she had said to me, but alas, she asked, no, she demanded that l send her the number so they could communicate between themselves since l was making it my point to keep them apart. (Clap once)

A few days later the doctor told me that Siya was getting better and they were going to start cutting down on the anaesthetic to bring him out of the coma. I cried! Those were the best news l had received in a long time. Nothing mattered to me more than having Siya back, his mother's insults, Nicole, Lumkile, the baby, l was sure we could deal with anything together. I just wanted my Siya back. The way l was walking around that day, you could have sworn l had won the lottery. I was more positive than ever. God was answering my prayers! Later that night when we were watching TV with Zandie, l received a call from Sharon
Sme: Sorry sisi, l forgot to call you back that day. It's just that l have too much on my plate at the moment
Sharon: No it's cool, l understand
Sme: How have you been?
Sharon: l'm alright, no complaints, l can't imagine what you are going through though with uma kaSiya wanting to meet Nicole's baby
Sme: It's her right l suppose, she has wanted a baby from Siya for a very long time. Did Nicole tell you that she called her?
Sharon: No, she called whilst l was over at their house. I had gone to see the baby for myself because everyone was talking about how he looks exactly like the baby's daddy 
Sme: Hold on a minute, everyone? Who is everyone? Did Siya meet with Nicole's whole family?
Sharon: No, why do you keep saying Siya? Nicole's baby looks like Mapetla. Mapetla is Lumkile's makhwapheni who happens to be married and also happens to be the Senior Traffic Officer!

No comments:

Post a Comment