Monday 9 June 2014

Umendo Chapter 13

Umendo Chapter 13

l know my frend very well,so l knew that she wouldn't hesitate going head to head with Lumkile. But l had to stop her, Zandie had 2 kids to take care of and her family back home who depended on her. She wouldn't be able to take care of them behind bars,assualting an officer of the law was a serious offence, and l'm sure Lumki would make sure she served more time than she needed to. We all followed her to the bedroom, 
Zandie: Lumki, do yourself a big favour and return these clothes back where they came from (wayegoqe ibhanti elishayelela esandleni sakhe)
Lumki: Or what? (she said it with so much attitude, both hands on her waist)
Zandie: Or this (the belt) lizophelela kuwe and anyone else who will try to stop me
Lumki: We will see, (she opened my wardrobe and started removing my clothes) 
I didn't even see how Zandie moved from the other side of the bed to the wardrobe, but all I heard was Zandie's belt go phaaaaaa. Lumki jumped, no, she flew onto the bed screaming then she started rolling all over the bed trying to rub her back la uZandie ambhaxabula khona. Both me and Siya went over to stop Zandie. For a very slim woman, she has got so much strength. She was springing trying to get to Lumki so she could "continue what she started", her words. 
Zandie: Ah nxaah mani, bayadelela laba bantu. They can't come here and disrespect you like that. ( Nicole had gone over to her mum, and was helping her rub her back)
Lumki: Awungazi kahle, you will pay for this, you will all pay for this. You don't know who you are messing with. (She was packing Nicole's clothes back into the suitcase now)
Nicole: Siya, how can you let izfebe zakho do this to us. I'm the mother of your child, your first born child, your only child, and this is how you treat me and my mother?
Siya: I didn't do anything to you, you brought all this to yourself, I told you to leave the minute you got here. You should have never come here in the first place.
Nicole: You have to choose Siya, it's either me and our baby or that (etsho ekhombela kimi, sizing me up and down)
Zandie flew across the bed, reached for Nicole's head and yanked her across the bed with her weave shouting "kuyadelela lokhu manje nzokufundisa umthetho, something your mother seems to have forgotten to teach you!"
I screamed for Zandie to let her go cos she is pregnant, she could have a miscarriage. We tried to pull Zandie away from her but she had a good grip on her, she pulled her all the way to the bathroom, pushed it and locked herself inside with Nicole. 
Sme: Mayeeee nkosi yami, do something Siya, uzofela ejele uZandie (I was screaming)
Lumki was crying, "leave my baby alone, you regret this for the rest of your life" 
We were banging on the door, Siya went to get a wrench or something to try to break in. 
Nicole was screaming, asking for forgiveness, but I couldn't here any sound of beatings or banging. Siya came back,  and managed to break in less than a minute. 
Nicole was kneeling on the floor, Zandie was standing behind her with both her hands on Nicole's ears. She was twisting Nicole's ears and they had turned red. Her mother went and tried to push her away, but she wouldn't budge, 

Zandie: If you get any closer I will hurt her even more. I want her to apologise to Sme for disrespecting her
Nicole: Ngicela uxolo Sme, for disreprecting you the way I did. I never should have (she was sobbing)
Zandie: Will you do it again? 
Nicole: No, soze ngiphinde, ngiyathembisa
( Zandie let her go)
She ran to her mother,and they hugged. 
Siya: Now take you stuff and leave please, never ever come back here again
Nicole ran outside and waited for her mother in the car. Lumki finished packing Nicole's clothes 
Lumki: This is not over I promise you. You don't treat me and my baby like that and get away with it
Zandie: Hayi suka, enough with your empty threats. Thatha imitshaqana yakho uphume uphele lokuyisfebenyana kwakho. Instead of wasting time abusing your power locking innocent people up, you should try spending more time with your daughter and teach her manners. They go a long way. 
She grunted and left

Zandie: Meme, I will go and pack you a few things while you talk to your husband. What should I pack?
Siya: Please don't leave baby, I've been going crazy here without you.
Sme: You survived just fine the weekend  I spent locked up whilst you were playing happy families with Nicole
I told Zandie what to pack
Siya: No baby, I didn't spend the weekend with her. Lumki brought her here with her clothes just like she did today, she wanted to leave her here. I refused, we wrestled a bit ngikhupha impahla zakhe ebedroom and I pushed them outside. I didn't even know you were arrested until that Saturday when they came over here. 
Sme: So if you found out that I was arrested on Saturday, why didn't you try to bail me out?
Siya: I did, but Lumki pulled in some favours with her collegues and told them not to release you until Sunday. 
Sme: So what did you do with the R3000
Siya: I just took it out so you wouldn't be suspicious 
Sme: And my car? What was it doing eMonte?
Siya: That I seriously don't know
Sme: How can I ever trust you again Siyabonga? You have destroyed us,do you realise that? Things will never be the same again. Was I not enough? 
Siya: I know I have destroyed your trust, but please baby, give me a chance to make things right. I swear I will make things right again. You are more than enough for me, you always have been and you always will be. What I did was stupid, I promise you that it will never happen again
Sme: How will you make things right again? Can you undo what you did? Cos that's the only way you can make things right. You broke my heart Siya, I hope it was all worth it. 
Mfazie, asambe.
Siya: (Kneeling on the floor, his hands around my waist, sobbing) Sthandwa sami ngiyacela please, don't leave me. Stay and we can work this out. I can't be without you again,please forgive me. Zandie, ngicela ungixolisele kumfazi wami, ngimoshile ngiyazi, ngimphoxile kakhulu kodwa ngeke ngize ngiphinde please.
Zandie: Siyabonga, you let me down big time. Bengkuthembile yazi.(She then turned to me) Mfazie, hear him out. 
If you ever break her heart again, l will deal with you !
 Sme: Ok, but don't get your hopes up Siya.
Zandie: I'm going back to work, let me know if you need me to come pick you up anytime
Siya: Thank you so much Zandie, I owe you big time
Zandie, Oh yes you do alright. I gotta go now. (She came over and gave me a kiss and a hug)
Sme: Later mfazi, thank you ever so much. I don't know what I would do without you 

I went to sit on the couch, but I couldn't, all I could picture was Nicole pleasuring my husband. Siya noticed my discomfort and asked me to sit by the dining table. Well, where do we start? 





1 comment:

  1. I read the 12 chapters on my mobile via facebook. I must really commend you for this blog, its much easier to read and nagivate than on FB.

    and am so in love with your style of narration. Keep it comming.

    ReplyDelete