Monday 9 June 2014

Umendo Chapter 22

Umendo Chapter 22

 
We were having a great time in Capetown, we spent the day at the beach, had a lovely dinner at a nearby restaurant and went to watch Umoja performing and they were amazing. It was all very nice, like an escape from all the drama that was happening.   "Ahh ahh ahh ah, Umoja.......Feee ee ee eel  the spirit of togetherness", we we busy singing and dancing the following day (Heeeh, you should have seen ama get down akhona), when we got to the 'spirit of togetherness' part, singanise izandla zethu intertwined. Hahah, if you had been a fly on that wall, you would have enjoyed yourself shame. The way Siya put so much effort into his bass when we sung 'Bawo Thixo Somandla', you could have sworn he was auditioning for x-factor of something. We were singing 'Baba thina sinjeeee' esabele uSiya 'Sinje ngama jubaaa' when we got a call from Lindo. He sounded hysterical at first l couldn't make out what he was saying, Siya told him to calm down and say what the problem is. "THERE IS WATER COMING OUT OF YOUR HOUSE!", he said with so much emphasis. Water? Coming out of where?, l look at Siya with confusion. Why would water be coming out of our house?. I was in a state of panic, ngibambe lokhu ngiyeke, ngibambe lokhuyana. Saqala isisu sami, l knew that we hadn't left any taps running. So what had happened. Then Siya asked me if Zandie still had a spare key to our house, l picked up the phone and called her. I asked her to go over and see what was happening whilst Siya changed our tickets to an earlier time, we had planned to visit a few more places then leave in the evening. She got there in no time and called to tell me that indeed there was water all over, and every tap had been left running. I knew then that someone had been into our house and opened and every tap. But who and why would someone do such a thing? 

We couldn't get back quick enough, you know when you are in such a hurry everything seems to be on go slow. Who ever is serving you takes their sweet ass time, (the woman who checked us out took forever busy chatting with her friend, if looks could kill, l would have killed her in less than 5seconds); every traffic light goes red when it's your turn to move, or you find yourself driving behind the slowest driver ever, nje yonke into iyabe ingani it's working against you to make you even more late. That's how it felt when we were trying to get back home that Sunday. Zandie had called our other friend Angela and my cousin Nokuthaba to help mop and remove anything that needed drying since it was hot. Francis and Vuyo, Siya's friends had gone over there as well. When we arrived, most of our furniture was outside and everyone was busy moping. Zandi told us that the overflow vents on the sink basins and tub had been cover with tape so that the water wouldn't drain when it filled up. Most of our clothes were on the floor, blankets, duvets, bedcovers, pillows, cushions. The sofa we had just bought was soaking wet, the TV stand, chest of drawers, bedside tables and the wardrobe in the spare bedroom were all spoilt. We asked Lindo if he had seen anyone over at our house and he said that my cousin had come over earlier that morning. When Lindo told her that he hadn't seen us since Friday, she told him that I had called her and asked her to wait for me as l was on my way back. Lindo said that she waited for about 30minutes, then said she would come back later since l was taking long to get back. So it was Nicole! Mnxx, that witch! I told Lindo never to let her in here and that she is not my cousin. What puzzled me was how she got in. I asked Siya if he had ever given Nicole our house keys. He told me that he misplaced his keys once and Nicole called and told her that she had picked them up thinking they were hers, but realised when she got home they weren't hers. So she gave them back the the following day when they met for her driving lesson. I remembered that Siya once called me asking if I had seen his keys, then he told me that he had found them the next day. So Nicole stole Siya's keys and made a spare. Men can be stupid when they are in lust l tell you.  The girl was clearly pyschotic. I called her fuming 
Sme: Nicole, uzamukwenzani kahle kahle? 
Nicole: Ermmmm, what are you talking about ?
Sme: You know what l'm talking about, why did you flood my house
Nicole: (she laughed) I don't know what you are talking about
Sme: Don't take me for a fool Nicole, l know you came to my house and left every tap running. The security guard told me. You have gone to far, you will be hearing from the police! (I hung up)
My BP was high up there, this girl will stop at nothing. I called the police who came 3hours later. Were were still hard at work, most laundrettes were closed since it was a Sunday, so we put most our clothes and bedding in bin liners to take to the laundrette the next day.  They asked us a few questions including Lindo. They called Nicole to go to Edenvale Police Station immediately. They told us that we would have to go with them to open a case and Lindo had to go with us to identify the person he had seen at our house. I went with Zandie and Lindo to the station. Nicole arrived about an hour later with Lumki, she looked at me with a mocking smile then winked at me. I wanted to strangle her. Lumki greeted one of the officers who was dealing with our case by name (Shezi) they knew each other and made small talk. My heart sank because I knew then that we had no case. They asked Nicole where she had been that morning,

Nicole: l was home with my mother ( she looked at Lumki and battered her eyelids)
Lumki: Yep, Nicki only left the house when we were coming over here
Shezi: Is this the person you say claimed to be Smelokuhle's cousin?
Lindo: Yebo, l am a hundred percent sure, she was driving a blue Nissan Micra
Shezi: Do you own the car he described Nicole?
Nicole: Nope, l don't own a car at all
Shezi: Smelokuhle says you went over to her house and left all the taps running, do you deny that?
Nicole: Yes, l deny it, uyangsukela lona,  bonke nje nalo security guard
Lumki: For all we know they paid the guard to say she saw her
Sme: For what reasons Lumki?
Lumki: Who knows, insurance scam or you want to defame Nicki's name. We should sue you for defamation of character.
Zandie: Heeeeeeeh (claps once)
Shezi: Is it true that you had an affair with her husband and you are carrying his child?
Nicole: Yes it is, and she hates me for it, that's why she is making up stories about me. She called me threatening to kill me.
Sme: Ah, Nanso ke imihlola. Nicole, when did l threaten to kill you?
Nicole: When you called this morning accusing me of breaking into your house. You said that you were going to come to my house with your friend who beat me up the last time l was over at your house and beat me to death
Zandie: Heh, you have serious issues Nicole, awukho wedwa wena. You need help!
Shezi: Did you make those threats? And did you beat her up when she came to your house 
Sme: I did not make any threats, I only told her that I knew it was her who did that and that she will be hearing from the police. And I know you didn't break in, you have our front door key. 
Nicole: Why would l have your house key? Do l live with you?
Sme: I know you stole them from my husband and made a spare. 
Lumki:Do you have any proof of that?
Zandie: As for the beating, I gave her a hot clap to put her back in line because she was extremely rude. Ask her mother, she will tell you. 
(Lumki said nothing)
Shezi: Unfortunately Mrs Nkomo, there is nothing more we can do at then moment as Nicole has an alibi who confirmed her where abouts at the time in question. We will keep looking into the case and we will contact you if we have any developments. 
Shezi: Nicole, would you like to have a restraining order against Zandile and Smelokuhle? 
Zandie: Heheheheheheheeeeeeee (claps once)
Nicole: Not now, but you better watch what you say to me next time you because I will get it!



Just like that, Nicole had gotten away with a crime. When we were driving off, Lumki and Nicole were walking to their car. Lumki stopped and said "You may have won the battle, but we will win the war. Mnxxxx okungama makwerekwere okungena ngqondo". 

No comments:

Post a Comment