Tuesday 24 June 2014

Umendo Chapter 48

Umendo Chapter 48

I couldn't bring myself to call umamazala, l knew she was going to let me have it on this one. She was probably going to say that me and my family were trying to kill her son. I had called Buhle to let her know about Siya on our way to the hospital and asked her to call uMaMoyo to let her know and other relatives because I really had no energy. So when she called me and said those words l was not surprised at all. I didn't stay on the phone to listen to more of her insults, I hung up on her, which l know is rude, but she was rude! She called me a few more times and l ignored her calls. Siya was admitted, I wanted to stay a bit longer by his side but they wouldn't let me. Zandie came early in the morning to help me clear up the mess oma beret had made. I searched our spare bedroom from top to bottom to make sure that there wasn't anything else illegal, I did not find anything. I packed Faith's clothes ready to be collected whenever she got out. I couldn't take them to Didi's flat since they were both in custody.l didn't want to hear my aunt crying, so l ask my mother to tell her about Faith's shenanigans. She offered to come and be with me for moral support, but I declined. The doctor who had attended to Siya had estimated that he could be discharged in less than two weeks if the scan revealed that he hadn't fractured any bones. So I wanted us to be alone for a while whilst we tried to recover from this ordeal. If MaMoyo wanted to visit Siya before he was discharged, she would have to stay with Buhle because I was not prepared for her, mentally. This time uzokhuluma iqiniso ma ethi ngimxotshile. Or I would go and stay with Zandie, she will stay at the house by herself. 

I discovered that some of my jewellery was missing from my jewellery box, those thieving bastards! Mnxxxx. A couple of women from the complex came over to 'check if l was ok'. When Siya got out, we would have to discuss moving away from this place, so many bad memories. We would rent it out until we finished paying the bond, then sell it. It's funny how a few bad memories can completely suppress many many good memories. As a person you can do many good deeds in your life, but the minute you make that one mistake, people forget all the thousand good things you have done and forever remember that one bad mistake you made. Life hey... When I told Langa and Mike about the recent events of my life, they proclaimed that my life was more scandalous than Scandal, the TV soap. I went to stay with Zandie, I was scared of being alone in that house; besides, I didn't want to find MaMoyo waiting for me like last time. If she wanted to see Siya, she would have to come after he was discharged. Things would be extremely tense with just the two of us. Either I would end up strangling her, or she would kill me first. 

Siya was recovering well, the swellings were coming down nicely, thank God he had no broken bones. He didn't like being in hospital, but then again, nobody does, he wanted to get out of there as soon as yesterday. Buhle called me one afternoon to tell me that uMaMoyo was coming over from ekhaya, I told her that I was staying with Zandie. She understood and said she would tell her to come and stay with her. I found them (Buhle and MaMoyo), two days later visiting Siya. 
I greeted them, Buhle got up and gave me a hug, MaMoyo looked at me and said nothing. So I greeted her again, this time specifically mentioning her, but she just kept her eyes on Siya and asked Siya something as if she hadn't heard me. Siya intervened and said "uyakukhulumisa uMeme mama, awumuzwa yini?". She sized me up and said "Yebo", then went back to her conversation with Siya. I couldn't stay with all that tension, so l told Siya that I would visit later and went back to work. When I visited him, I told him about what his mother had said to him, but he said it was just probably stress and frustration. He told me that he didn't blame me for what had happened, for l knew nothing about Faith and Didi's dealings, he also said that he was going to have a word with his mother. I asked him to let me know when his mother was visiting so that l could come at an alternative time, I really couldn't stand her anymore. I wanted to make sure I didn't find myself in the same room as her because even if she didn't say anything with her mouth, she said a lot with her expressions. 

A day before Siya was due to be discharged, I went home to prepare for his return. He came back on a Thursday, so I took the day off work. I cooked a lovely meal for him and got some candles and flowers. It was great to have my husband back home in one piece, I would have never been able to live with myself if something had happened to him. I hadn't heard anything from Faith, I tried to call her but her phone wasn't going through. I wanted to find out what was going on with her because my aunt was very worried and she wanted to know if she had been charged, she told me that she had heard nothing from her. Maybe she had died in those cells or in prison, and nobody had come forward to claim her body. I needed to find out for my aunt's sake. I wanted Siya to be discharched first before I started adding more stress to my already stressful life. So since Siya had been discharged, I was going to go find out about Faith the coming Monday. Siya was very happy to be home, we stayed up cuddling and catching up on our TV programmes. The following day, he brought up the issue of moving out as if he had read my mind. We both agreed to look for a place and move out of the complex. There was no sex or anything, just kissing, cuddling and spooning. I couldn't complain really, I felt very blessed to have him back. 

I was ironing on a Saturday afternoon when l heard a knock. Siya had gone to sort our some business with Francis. I assumed it was Zodwa or someone from the complex, I got up to open the door but umuntu wavela wazingenela because the door wasn't locked. It was Faith! I wasn't interested in finding out how she had gotten out who had gotten her out, I just wanted her to take imitshaqana yakhe and go! I was going to call aunty after she had left to tell her not to worry about Her.

Sme: Go and get it your stuff it's in the spare bedroom. Don't ever come back here again, you have caused us so much pain. My husband nearly died because of you!
Faith: I told you, I had nothing to do with those drugs! I swear I knew nothing! 
Sme: Yeah right! Just leave please! 
Faith: Can I stay for a week please whilst I sort myself out. It will only be one week, nothing more
Sme: You must be joking, you cannot seriously be asking to stay here after everything you have put us through!
Faith: Evie bantu, I swear I had nothing to do with that (She started sobbing) 
Sme: Your crocodile tears won't change anything, just leave please. 
Faith: I have nowhere to go right now...( still crying) And Didi wants nothing to do with me, he thinks I set him up. 
Sme: I don't care what Didi thinks, or whatever is going on with you. You cannot stay here, my husband won't like finding you here. So yenza uhambe ( she ran to the toilet still crying and she vomited violently....I hoped she wasn't ill) 
Faith: (She finished throwing up) Please Sme, you have to believe me, I had nothing to do with those drugs, I don't know how they got there. Maybe you should ask Siya
Sme: You should be ashamed of yourself! Do l look stupid to you? Why did they suddenly appear when you moved in with us? ( I took her suitcase to the door to show her I meant business)
Faith: (She stopped crying and had a devilish look on her) Did Siya tell you that wangimithisa? Is that why lingixotsha? 
Sme: Huh? What are you talking about? 
Faith: You heard me, I am PREGNANT! I am carrying Siya's baby. Don't even suggest it's Didi's because I fell pregnant when I moved in with you, and besides, I always use protection with Didi. I didn't with Siya. 
Sme: (I just stood there with my mouth dry, lost for words. I didn't know what to think or say) Ini....???
Faith: Yes, your 'perfect' husband is not so perfect after all is he? And to save you time of trying to find out who the other woman is, I will tell you. It's your dear friend Zandie. He is sleeping with her. Those calls you saw on his call logs were not by me, they were made by him! I have never called Zandie! 
Sme: No......, this can't be happening.Why? Why?
Faith: Don't worry, I will have an abortion. I don't want to bring shame into our family (as if she hadn't done that already), plus, I am not ready for kids. I have a life to live! (She picked up her bags and left!) 






1 comment:

  1. Smelokuhle mara!!!
    And now this....shocker!

    what a long wait it will be for the next chapters

    ReplyDelete