Wednesday 18 June 2014

Umendo Chapter 42

Umendo Chapter 42

I had a better night's sleep that night. I didn't care much about sex, l was just happy to be in my husband's arms. Even though he hadn't said anything, just that small act of affection meant a lot to me. It gave me a little bit of hope. I woke up early to make a full English breakfast for him, l wanted to remind him of the little things that mattered and I also show him that we could still do 'us' even with a visitor around. We had breakfast together before we both left for work. The mood seemed a bit lighter and he gave me a kiss goodbye. We gave Faith Siya's key since he usually gets home after me. 

I invited Siya to join me for lunch that afternoon and he agreed. Things were still awkward because l didn't want to say anything to upset him, so because of that, l had to carefully choose what l say and how l say it. Nevertheless, it was a good lunch. When I got home I found Faith watching TV still in her pyjamas, the sink was full of dirty dishes that she had used from morning and she had mis-placed things in the kitchen. One of my pet peeves is people who put things where they didn't find them, I hate having to hunt for things when l could easily get them if they are kept in their usual place. If you found it in the top right cupboard, return it in the top right cupboard. Not in the fridge, not it the left drawer, not under the sink, but in the top right cupboard. It just makes life a little bit easier and saves a whole lot of time and unnecessary arguments and headache. 
Sme: Faith! 
Faith: Evie....
Sme: No, don't Evie me, I don't know if you had a maid over at your place, but here you clean up after yourself
Faith: Oh,l meant to do that. Yikuthi bengisabheke iRhythm City
Sme: Iqale nini ukudlala the whole day iRhythm City? You had time to cook and eat but you had no time to clean up after yourself? Hayi no, you are going to have to pull your weight around here
Faith: Ok ok, keep your wig on! Jeez, it's only dishes for goodness sake. One would think I killed someone or something....Tjoo!
Sme: Don't make me regret inviting you in Faith,  go wash up please. I need to cook! 
Faith: Ok, ima kancane iRhythm City iyaphela in 15 minutes
Sme: Heeh! (Shaking my head) 

I didn't have time to wait, so l went and washed up and cleared the mess Faith had made and started cooking.  I was already regretting agreeing to let her stay with us. When Rhythm City leyo finished playing, she came to the kitchen and said "Hawu, ingani bengishilo nje ngathi l will wash up after Rhythm City?". I just looked at her and said nothing, I didn't want to say something l would later regret. She went back to the living room to watch something else. I later discovered that she put up a status on FB and Whatsapp saying "Yekel'ukuba serious. Phola sisi". Maybe l had overreacted a bit, but who wants to come home from work to find the kitchen in a state ngomuntu who spent the whole day at home doing absolutely nothing besides watching TV? A grown ass woman for that matter! Hayi no man! I'm sure if Siya had come home before l did and found the place like that, he wouldn't have been happy either. After we finished eating, Siya helped me clear up, I washed the dishes whilst he dried sizixoxela nje when Faith joined us. She asked me what the house rules were so that "something like today never happened again" as she put it. Siya looked at me to ask what had happened, l told him it was not a big deal, he shouldn't worry himself about that. I told Faith to clean up after herself and remember that she was sharing the house with other people. I knew that that was her way of apologising. Siya and l went to bed quite early that night as we wanted to wake up early to go car hunting. I asked Faith if she wanted to join us but she declined and said she had people to see. 

That night as we were spooning, Siya pulled me closer to him and said "thank you for everything baby, I am one the luckiest guys alive". I turned around and kissed him and fell asleep with a smile. That Saturday morning, Siya asked me to join him in the shower. I was a big reluctant, I knew that 'Mr Muscle' as we called him, would get excited. I feared that if he went flaccid again before doing the did, things would go back to where they were. I felt that we were making some progress and didn't want things to go south again. In the end I thought, "oh well, we will have to try again at some point, so might as well". I joined him, and less than a minute in the shower, Mr Muscle showed himself up. I was a bit nervous, so was he. He pulled me closer to him and kissed me like he had never kissed me before, I got all excited and wrapped my arms around him. He pulled my legs apart, licking me all over... Then there was a knock. Ah, l had forgotten about Faith there for a second. She desperately needed the toilet. Eish, talk about timing. Siya had already finished anyway, so he quickly put something on and left. She didn't even apologise, mnxx.  We spent the whole day car hunting, even though we didn't get what we wanted, it was a good day in general. Siya cracked a few jokes, and we didn't run out of things to talk about. We got some take away because we were both knackered. Faith wasn't home when we arrived. She arrived just as we finished eating with two bottles of wine and a pizza. She told me that she had gone out on a date. She offered us some wine but we both declined 
Faith: Hawu bantu, it's just wine. One glass won't kill you
Sme: No, we are fine Fefe
Faith: Siya uyakhulunyelwa? Don't you have your own mouth? Uyakshaya yini uEvie?Loosen up people!
Siya: Hahah, hayi..,ok, just one glass then
That one glass turned to two, two to three till they had finnished the whole two bottle. Here I was declining to have a glass in support of Siya, but he goes and drinks a whole bottle of wine. I was pissed off shem. 

I went to bed and Siya followed me, he was tipsy and all over me as soon as he closed our bedroom door. He said "shall we pick up where we left off", even though I was pissed off I didn't declined. He touched me at all the right places, so did l, he got on top of me and I helped him guide Mr Muscle in. Things were looking and feeling good, just when we were really getting into it, Faith knocked and let herself in at the same time before we could say anything! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow woman u are such a rock dat can never be shaken nd I take my hat off for u.

    ReplyDelete